Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement

happily married

“I never imagined that I’d be happily married. My parents weren’t happily married. And not many of my parents’ friends were happily married. I’m sure they had been happy together at first. But it didn’t seem to last, so I assumed the same thing would happen to me. I just got lucky and fell in love with a genuinely nice man.
He’s a great father. He sees the best in people. He’s not mean. I can’t really say that we were always happy, because happiness comes in spurts. Sometimes the stress of your career makes it hard to be a good partner. Or the disappointment you feel from not achieving personal goals. But there was never a time that I thought we were going to leave each other. And even today I still feel those spurts of happiness with him. Like when we laugh at something and I remember the times that we used to laugh a lot more together. Or when we find ourselves particularly engaged in a conversation, and I realize that after all these years, we’re still finding new things to talk about.”